Thomas leads Kings past NuggetsFeb 24, 2014 - 5:59 AM Sacramento Kings' 109-95 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Sunday.
Rudy Gay added 32 points and 11 rebounds for the Kings, who have won three of four. DeMarcus Cousins tallied 27 points, nine boards, five assists and five blocks.
Sacramento snapped a nine-game losing streak to the Nuggets at the Pepsi Center. It was the Kings' first win in the Mile High City since a 118-115 victory on April 5, 2008.
Evan Fournier had a career-high 27 points to go along with five assists for the Nuggets, who have dropped two straight and seven of eight. Randy Foye donated 27 points and six rebounds.
"Ultimately, they had three guys that we couldn't stop," Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. "Between Isaiah Thomas, DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay, they had 92 points."
Denver took a 52-48 lead into the locker room after leading by as many as 13.
Foye made consecutive 3-pointers early in the third quarter to give the Nuggets a 58-51 edge.
But the rest of the period was dominated by the Kings. Cousins made back-to- back jumpers to cap a 10-0 run, making it 61-58 Sacramento.
After Kenneth Faried made a jumper for Denver, the Kings went on an 11-0 surge. Gay tallied six points during the burst that Thomas capped with a 3- pointer for a 72-60 lead.
Sacramento shot 61.1 percent from the field in the third to take an 87-70 margin into the fourth. Thomas and Gay scored 14 and 13 points, respectively, as the Kings put up 39 points in the third frame.
"We were getting stops first and foremost," Thomas said. "We got stops and got out and ran. That's when we are at our best, when we are in transition and being in attack mode. It starts on the defensive end."
Denver never got closer than 10 in the fourth.
Denver forward Darrell Arthur missed the game with a strained hip ... The Nuggets fell to 1-5 without guard Ty Lawson, who missed his sixth straight game with a broken left rib ... The Kings went 30-of-36 from the foul line.
Feb 23 10:30 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 87
End of 3rd
Feb 23 9:55 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 48
Feb 23 9:08 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 27
End of 1st
Feb 23 8:37 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:39
Feb 23 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14