Lillard, Blazers top spiraling NuggetsFeb 26, 2014 - 6:38 AM Denver Nuggets for a 100-95 win at Pepsi Center.
Nicolas Batum added 16 points, Mo Williams had 14 and Robin Lopez scored 12 points to go with 10 rebounds and seven blocks for the Trail Blazers, winners in three straight.
"We got up on them and they turned it around, they picked up their energy," said Lillard. "The game was going our way because we were executing, flying around, getting stops, (but) we kind of relaxed."
J.J. Hickson scored 16 points and pulled down 25 rebounds -- 15 offensive -- and Randy Foye scored 17 for the Nuggets, losers in three straight and eight of their last nine overall.
After Foye tied the game with a jumper at the 8:10 mark of the first quarter, the Blazers opened up a 21-8 swing to go up 32-19. Hickson made a pair of free throws late in the frame to make it 32-21 after 12 minutes.
Denver pulled within three, 36-33, after a Wilson Chandler layup, but a 9-2 burst from Portland gave the visitors a 45-35 lead. Denver then rattled off a 10-2 swing, capped with a Chandler triple, to make it 47-45, but the Blazers scored five unanswered to make it 52-45 at the break.
Portland's spread reached 18 in the third quarter and the Blazers led 82-69 entering the final frame.
A Kenneth Faried hook shot with 2:51 left had the Nuggets within two, 90-88, but a Lillard finger roll, followed by a pair of Wesley Matthews free throws, pushed the spread back to six, 94-88.
Denver never got closer than four the rest of the way.
"The effort was better," said Nuggets coach Brian Shaw. "I liked the fact that they saw that when they compete it gets the crowd into the game. For the first time in a long time you could really feel the crowd behind them."
Portland was 32-for-38 from the free throw line ... Dorell Wright scored 12 and Matthews finished with 11 for Portland ... The Nuggets outrebounded Portland 64-41 and outscored the Blazers 54-26 in the paint.
Feb 25 11:28 PM
- PORTLAND: 82
End of 3rd
Feb 25 10:49 PM
- PORTLAND: 52
Feb 25 10:08 PM
- PORTLAND: 32
End of 1st
Feb 25 9:36 PM
- PORTLAND: 3
1st Quarter - 11:41
Feb 25 9:11 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11