Jazz trounce shorthanded SunsFeb 27, 2014 - 4:54 AM Phoenix Suns on Wednesday.
Hayward had 10 rebounds and finished one assist short of a triple-double for the Jazz, who have won two in a row on the heels of a three-game losing streak.
Derrick Favors, Diante Garrett and Alec Burks each scored 15 points in the win, Jeremy Evans had 11 and Trey Burk scored 10.
The Suns played without injured leading scorer Goran Dragic and dropped their third game in a row. Dragic was out with a sprained right ankle he tweaked in Tuesday's loss to Minnesota.
Gerald Green led Phoenix with 17 points. Archie Goodwin scored 16 off the bench and Ish Smith had 13 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Utah went 2-1 on a three-game homestand and will start a six-game road trip Friday at Cleveland
"We're going on a long road trip against some good teams so it was important to get this win," said Favors. "Hopefully we come out of the trip with a winning record."
Jefferson scored the first five points of an 8-0 burst in the third quarter that pushed Utah's lead to 13 points. It reached as high as 15 later in the period and was 78-64 going into the fourth.
The Suns were never closer than 12 the rest of the way and Utah's lead got as high as 25.
"We played last night and were shorthanded and it just looked like the guys ran out of gas," said Suns coach Jeff Hornacek.
Favors scored 12 points in the first half and Jefferson and Burke added 10 apiece to lead Utah to a 53-44 lead at the break.
Green had 13 points in the first half for Phoenix, which had a couple of one- point leads early in the second quarter but trailed the rest of the time.
Leandro Barbosa (sprained toe) and Viacheslav Kravtsov (sprained ankle) remained out for the Suns ... The Suns played their only road game in a nine- game stretch. They will start a four-game homestand Friday against New Orleans ... Garrett's 15 points were a career high.
Feb 26 11:15 PM
- PHOENIX: 64
End of 3rd
Feb 26 10:45 PM
- PHOENIX: 44
Feb 26 10:02 PM
- PHOENIX: 25
End of 1st
Feb 26 9:32 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Feb 26 9:13 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Teletovic's 22 leads Suns past Clippers reserves, 114-105 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Clippers-Suns Preview Apr 13