Durant leads Thunder past GrizzliesMar 1, 2014 - 6:50 AM Oklahoma City Thunder held off the Memphis Grizzlies, 113-107, on Friday night.
Russell Westbrook tallied 21 points and six assists, while Serge Ibaka provided 16 points and nine rebounds for Oklahoma City, which snapped its three-game losing streak.
Mike Miller recorded all 19 of his points in the fourth and Zach Randolph added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who have dropped two of their last three on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
"They were very focused and locked in," Memphis head coach Dave Joerger said of the Thunder. "They played at a very high level and as well as I've seen them play against us in a long time."
The Grizzlies trailed by as many as 19 in the third and were down 87-71 heading into the fourth, where they used a 13-4 run to get back in it.
Kosta Koufos netted six points during the surge, including a putback layup to cap it and claw Memphis within 103-99 with 3:44 remaining. After Durant nailed a jumper, James Johnson knocked down a right wing triple to cut the gap to 105-102 with 2:29 to go.
Durant, though, sunk a right baseline jumper at the other end. Nick Calathes then missed a 3-pointer and Durant misfired from beyond the arc, but Ibaka came down with a key offensive rebound. Durant then got his floater to drop with 33.3 ticks on the clock to seal the outcome.
"We played better defense but we still gave up way too many points," OKC head coach Scott Brooks said. "We had the 16-point lead in the fourth quarter and relaxed so we still have a lot of work to do."
Earlier, the Thunder led 29-22 after a quarter of play and 57-42 at the break.
Durant, who poured in seven points in the first half on just 2-of-9 shooting, scored 17 points on 6-of-10 from the floor in the third.
The Thunder shot 49.4 percent (38-of-77) from the floor and 45.5 percent (10- of-22) from beyond the arc ... Memphis scored 22 points off 14 Oklahoma City turnovers ... Marc Gasol had 17 points for the Grizzlies.
Feb 28 10:32 PM
- MEMPHIS: 71
OKLAHOMA CITY: 87
End of 3rd
Feb 28 9:57 PM
- MEMPHIS: 42
OKLAHOMA CITY: 57
Feb 28 9:16 PM
- MEMPHIS: 22
OKLAHOMA CITY: 29
End of 1st
Feb 28 8:36 PM
- MEMPHIS: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:51
Feb 28 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue May 20