Parker returns, leads Spurs to win over MavsMar 3, 2014 - 3:47 AM San Antonio Spurs to a 112-106 win over the Dallas Mavericks.
Parker had missed six games with a variety of injuries.
"He looked fresh and didn't loose any rhythm it looked like. He played very well. He played a great floor game and delivered offensively as well," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.
Tim Duncan scored 17 points and grabbed nine rebounds, Kawhi Leonard added 16 points and Manu Ginobili had 15 points and seven assists for the Spurs, winners in six of their last seven.
Dirk Nowitzki scored 22 points, Vince Carter dropped in 21 and Monta Ellis finished with 17 points and eight assists for the Mavericks, losers in two straight on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
The Spurs quickly pushed their lead to five early in the third. Samuel Dalembert's tip-in had the Mavs within one, 54-53, at the 9:04 mark, but the Spurs pushed the spread back to seven following a Leonard 3-pointer.
Devin Harris' layup with 3:25 left had Dallas within 68-65, but a 10-2 burst gave San Antonio a 78-67 edge. Harris hit a 3-pointer moments later to make it 78-70 heading into the fourth.
The Mavs never got closer than five in the final frame.
The Spurs led 25-22 after the first period and took a 48-47 lead into the break.
"I'm disappointed by the result but not the effort. We've got one more shot at these guys at our place and we'll be ready for that," said Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle.
The Spurs outscored Dallas 44-42 in the paint ... Boris Diaw had 14 points and 10 rebounds for San Antonio ... The Spurs were 5-1 in Parker's absence ... Dallas shot just 9-for-14 from the free throw line ... The Mavs are 5-12 against current Western Conference playoff teams.
Mar 2 9:22 PM
- DALLAS: 70
SAN ANTONIO: 78
End of 3rd
Mar 2 8:42 PM
- DALLAS: 47
SAN ANTONIO: 48
Mar 2 8:01 PM
- DALLAS: 22
SAN ANTONIO: 25
End of 1st
Mar 2 7:33 PM
- DALLAS: 2
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 2 7:12 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12