Nuggets beat Mavericks to snap losing skidMar 6, 2014 - 7:08 AM Dallas Mavericks from Pepsi Center.
Wilson Chandler paced Denver with 21 points while J.J. Hickson, Kenneth Faried and Randy Foye all had 16 in the triumph. Darrell Arthur scored 10 points off the bench, as the Nuggets snapped their six-game losing skid.
"It felt great to get the win. It's only one win, but I'll take it. Hopefully we can build on it and finish the season strong," said Hickson.
Dirk Nowitzki shot 13-of-20 for 27 points, but Dallas suffered its third straight defeat for the first time this season. Brandan Wright and Vince Carter tallied 18 and 17 points, respectively, in reserve roles, and Monta Ellis scored 16.
"I take full responsibility for this loss. At the beginning of the game we weren't into it and it was my mistake," said Mavs coach Rick Carlisle. "I should have subbed all the guys out of the game that were in there that gave up 12 points in three and a half minutes, or whatever it was. Not doing that was my mistake."
The Nuggets hit 5-of-7 from distance and 14-of-15 from the charity stripe in the first quarter. Denver led by as many as 17 and owned a 41-34 edge after 12 minutes.
Aaron Brooks put the finishing touches on an 11-0 second quarter surge for the Nuggets with back-to-back layups that pushed the spread to 59-40. Foye's triple 26.9 ticks before intermission gave the home team a 68-51 margin at the break.
Denver stumbled a bit in the third, potting just four field goals on 26 attempts. Nowitzki had five buckets himself in the frame, and Dallas doubled Denver's output to head into the final period down just 79-73.
Hickson scored six points during a 16-2 run to start the fourth as Denver regained control. Hickson's two-handed slam from Fournier pushed the spread to 20 points at 95-75, and the Nuggets cruised from there.
Denver improved to 3-0 against the Mavericks this season ... The Nuggets had lost five straight at home ... Lawson had seven assists and six rebounds ... Shawn Marion had 15 points for Dallas ... Devin Harris handed out 11 assists for Dallas.
Mar 5 10:37 PM
- DALLAS: 73
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:58 PM
- DALLAS: 51
Mar 5 9:19 PM
- DALLAS: 34
End of 1st
Mar 5 8:48 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Mar 5 8:12 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25