Martin, Bibby lead Kings past PacersFeb 26, 2007 - 4:45 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Kevin Martin and Mike Bibby didn't need Ron Artest to win in Indiana.
Martin scored 35 points and Bibby added 28 and six assists as the Sacramento Kings used a big third quarter to cruise to a 110-93 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Indiana took a 50-47 lead into the half before Martin caught fire after the break.
"I was in a rhythm and I was trying to be aggressive and go with the flow out there," Martin said. "I didn't shoot the ball well the other night, so I just tried to stay with it tonight. I thought we played with a lot more energy and we also played loose. Good things happen when you're playing loose."
Sacramento's shooting guard scored 21 points and Bibby chipped in 13 in the third as the Kings outscored the Pacers, 40-24, in the quarter to put the game away.
"The third quarter was our undoing, that's when they got by us and got to the free-throw line," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "Defensively, it was a struggle all night. Defense is an issue for us right now in a big way. It's something we have to keep spending time on and emphasizing.
"To be a really good basketball team, your man-to-man defense has to be the core of what you're doing."
Jermaine O'Neal struggled with a left knee injury throughout the game but still managed to score 19 points, grab nine rebounds and block six shots. Mike Dunleavy added 18 and nine boards for the Pacers.
O'Neal moved ahead of Herb Williams into 10th place on the Pacers' all-time franchise career scoring list with 8,647 points in seven seasons with Indiana.
Artest did not make the trip to face his former team due to personal reasons.
"It was a big win against a team going to make the Eastern Conference playoffs," Kings coach Eric Musselman said. "They're a team that plays well at home and is above .500."
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5