Allen powers Sonics past BobcatsMar 5, 2007 - 4:48 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Ray Allen may be facing surgery but he did a pretty fair job carving up the Charlotte Bobcats.
Listed as a game-time decision due to an ailing ankle, Allen scored 34 points to lead the Seattle SuperSonics to a 96-89 victory over the struggling Bobcats.
Allen sat out Thursday's win over the Los Angeles Clippers with a painful bone spur in his left ankle that his him contemplating season-ending surgery.
The All-Star guard showed little effects against Charlotte, scoring 21 first-half points and netting 10 of the Sonics' final 16, including a decisive three-point play with 1:25 left that made it 96-89.
Allen finished 13-of-25 from the field in surpassing 30 points for the 17th time this season. He got ample support from Rashard Lewis, who added 28 points, including a dazzling 10-point outburst in under two minutes in the third quarter.
Earl Watson, filling in for an injured Luke Ridnour at point guard, chipped in with 10 points and 10 assists as Seattle extended its home winning streak to five games, something the team hasn't done since opening the 2004-05 season with nine straight victories.
Gerald Wallace scored 19 points and rookie Adam Morrison 17 in his homecoming, but it wasn't enough to prevent the Bobcats from suffering their season-high fifth straight loss and falling to 0-4 on their six-game road trip.
Charlotte didn't manage a blocked shot without power forward Emeka Okafor, who sat out his fourth straight game with a calf injury.
SEATTLE 96 FINAL
Mar 4 11:27 PM
SEATTLE 70 END, 3RD QTR
Mar 4 10:54 PM
SEATTLE 51 HALFTIME
Mar 4 10:14 PM
SEATTLE 23 END, 1ST QTR
Mar 4 9:40 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Heat-Hornets Preview Apr 28