Trail Blazers
113 - 117 Final - OT
  for this game

Roy, Blazers come back late to beat Bucks

Dec 10, 2007 - 3:30 AM PORTLAND, Oregon (Ticker) -- Brandon Roy had 26 points, nine assists and eight rebounds as the Portland Trail Blazers erased deficits late in regulation and the extra period en route to a 117-113 overtime victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday night.

LaMarcus Aldridge scored 24 points, including clutch free throws at the end of regulation, for Portland, which now is 7-3 at home. It is a putrid 1-9 away from the Rose Garden.

After the game, Roy's teammates threw much praise his way.

"He makes big plays and loves to have the ball in his hands," said backcourt mate Steve Blake, who scored a season-high 19 points against his former team. "He made big things happen for us tonight."

But it was not easy in this one for the Blazers, who needed to erase a four-point deficit in the final minute of regulation and five-point hole midway through overtime to secure the victory.

Aldridge nailed a jumper, Travis Outlaw made two free throws and Roy made a tough layup to make it 113-112 with 24.7 seconds left in overtime - Portland's first lead of the extra period.

On the ensuing possession, Bucks guard Mo Williams missed a short runner with 17 seconds left, but Milwaukee failed to immediately foul Blake, who grabbed the rebound, raced up court and was hacked with 8.5 ticks remaining.

"I've shot that shot a hundred times in my head and in practice and in the gym," Williams said. "I want to win and, sometimes, I'm overaggressive because I do want to win so bad."

Blake nailed two free throws to make it 115-112.

After a timeout, Bucks guard Michael Redd had his 3-pointer blocked, regained possession and misfired on a second shot from the arc. After grabbing the rebound, Milwaukee guard Charlie Bell was fouled by James Jones with just under a second to go.

Bell made 1-of-2 free throws - missing the second attempt on purpose - allowing Outlaw to rebound that miss and nail two ensuing foul shots to provide the final margin.

Holding a four-point lead with 52.8 seconds left, the Bucks could not put the game away in regulation, either.

The Blazers nailed four straight free throws, including two by Aldridge to tie the game at 105-105 with 15.2 ticks left. The foul shots came after a controversial call on Bucks center Andrew Bogut.

Bogut was whistled for a foul in the crowded paint area after seemingly blocking Aldridge's shot when Portland's forward grabbed an offensive rebound.

"This is a bump in the road," said Bogut, who finished with 21 points. "It's always tough to win on the road. I thought it was definitely a game we should have won. Some calls didn't go our way towards the end of the game, and I think that hurt us."

After the tying free throws, Milwaukee had one last chance to win the game on the final play of regulation. But Williams dribbled away most of the clock before misfiring on a contested 3-pointer from the top of the key.

Williams scored 26 of his 33 points in the second half - but none in overtime - for the Bucks, who fell to just 2-9 on the road.

"It was real hard to swallow," Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak said. "It's hard for all of us involved. Losing is no fun, and we've been in some close ballgames and haven't been able to get over the hump."