Hornets overcome Marion, SunsOct 14, 2007 - 5:07 AM PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Shawn Marion had a huge game but it was not enough to lift the Phoenix Suns to victory.
Tyson Chandler and Bobby Jackson each scored 19 points to lead the New Orleans Hornets to a 111-106 triumph over the Suns on Saturday night.
Marion played only the first three quarters but still put in a good night's work. He scored 18 points and had 20 rebounds in 29 minutes.
Steve Nash had 13 points and 11 assists and Raja Bell, Sean Marks and Marcus Banks each added 14 points for the Suns (1-1).
Rasual Butler scored 13 points and Peja Stojakovic, Hilton Armstrong and Melvin Ely each had 10 for the Hornets (2-1). Chandler and Armstrong each added nine rebounds.
NEW ORLEANS 111
PHOENIX 106 FINAL
Oct 14 12:26 AM
NEW ORLEANS 91
PHOENIX 82 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 13 11:55 PM
NEW ORLEANS 57
PHOENIX 54 HALFTIME
Oct 13 11:10 PM
NEW ORLEANS 38
PHOENIX 26 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 13 10:37 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27