Nachbar leads Nets to overtime win over SixersOct 13, 2007 - 2:35 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Bostjan Nachbar and Louis Williams engaged in a personal duel down the stretch, but it was the New Jersey Nets forward that had the final say.
Nachbar scored 35 points - including the two go-ahead free throws with eight seconds left in overtime - as the Nets defeated the Philadelphia 76ers, 91-90, in their preseason opener on Friday.
Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Nenad Krstic and Richard Jefferson did not dress for New Jersey. Philadelphia was without the services of Samuel Dalembert due to a left foot stress fracture and Kyle Korver, who sat out with a groin strain.
Williams scored 18 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter to lead Philadelphia back from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit, but Nachbar's driving layup with 1.2 seconds left tied the game at 78-78.
Williams made a 3-pointer to give the Sixers a 83-81 lead with 3:29 left in overtime, but Nachbar answered with a shot from the arc of his own to give the Nets a one-point advantage.
After Darrell Armstrong's jump shot, Nachbar made another 3-pointer to give New Jersey a 89-83 lead with 1:46 to play.
The Sixers answered with a 7-0 run, capped by rookie Jason Smith's jumper with 13 seconds left to take a 90-89 lead.
But Smith fouled Nachbar, who sank both free throws, and Rodney Carney misfired on a 3-pointer to secure the win for New Jersey.
Josh Boone added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Nets, who led by as many as 20 points early in the third quarter.
NEW JERSEY 91
PHILADELPHIA 90 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Oct 12 9:59 PM
NEW JERSEY 78
PHILADELPHIA 78 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Oct 12 9:40 PM
NEW JERSEY 57
PHILADELPHIA 47 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 12 8:55 PM
NEW JERSEY 40
PHILADELPHIA 29 HALFTIME
Oct 12 8:11 PM
NEW JERSEY 24
PHILADELPHIA 13 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 12 7:36 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29