Wizards remain perfect with win over 76ersOct 15, 2007 - 1:16 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Antawn Jamison scored 17 points and Roger Mason and Oleksly Pecherov both added 11 to lead the Washington Wizards to an 86-80 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Andray Blatche also reached double figures, scoring 10 points for the Wizards, who remained perfect on the preseason (3-0).
Andre Iguodala scored 13 points and added six assists, three rebounds and three steals in 29 minutes for Philadelphia (0-3). Louis Williams added 13 off the bench for the 76ers.
Williams scored five straight points to pull Philadelphia within 77-75 with 3:04 to play. But Nick Young, a rookie guard out of Southern California, pushed the lead back to 80-75 with a three-point play 10 seconds later and the Wizards held on from there.
Philadelphia center Samuel Dalembert missed his second straight game as he recovers from a stress fracture in his left foot. Washington was without All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas, who did not dress for Sunday's game.
PHILADELPHIA 80 FINAL
Oct 14 8:26 PM
PHILADELPHIA 60 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 14 7:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 39 HALFTIME
Oct 14 7:06 PM
PHILADELPHIA 25 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 14 6:35 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22