Wallace leads Bobcats over Nets in preseason contestOct 16, 2007 - 2:15 AM By Derek Smith PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Gerald Wallace scored 20 points and Adam Morrison and Matt Carroll each added 15 as the Charlotte Bobcats erased a double-digit third-quarter deficit en route to a 96-86 preseason victory over the New Jersey Nets on Monday night.
Wallace, rookie Jermareo Davidson and Morrison each scored four points in the decisive run for the Bobcats, who trailed by as many as 14 points in the third.
The Bobcats were without swingman Jason Richardson, who missed his second consecutive game due to the birth of his child. Charlotte's first-round selection Jared Dudley missed his fourth exhibition game with a left toe sprain.
Bobcats center Emeka Okafor left the game in the third quarter with a split lip, which required three stitches, and did not return.
Jason Kidd and Nenad Krstic did not play for the Nets for the second consecutive contest.
The Bobcats trailed, 54-40, after Vince Carter's layup with 7:51 left in the third, but slowly began to trim the lead. Davidson, the team's second-round pick, scored eight points in the quarter and provided a much-needed spark off the bench.
Bostjan Nachbar scored 19 points, Carter netted 13 and Richard Jefferson added 11 for New Jersey.
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29