Paul, Hornets cruised past PacersOct 9, 2008 - 2:11 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Chris Paul scored 17 points and Peja Stojakovic added 14 as the New Orleans Hornets rolled to a 105-71 victory over the Indiana Pacers in preseason action on Wednesday.
Melvin Ely added 12 points for the Hornets, who shot 42 percent (8-of-19) from 3-point range.
T.J. Ford, who was acquired from Toronto in the Jermaine O'Neal trade, led Indiana with 15 points. Fellow newcomer Jarrett Jack chipped in 11 for the Pacers, who shot just 31 percent (23-for-74) from the floor.
Indiana's downfall was a brutal third quarter in which it was outscored, 26-6.
NEW ORLEANS 105
INDIANA 71 FINAL
Oct 8 9:27 PM
NEW ORLEANS 78
INDIANA 48 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 8 8:53 PM
NEW ORLEANS 52
INDIANA 42 HALFTIME
Oct 8 8:09 PM
NEW ORLEANS 27
INDIANA 20 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 8 7:37 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2