Wallace, Billups lead Pistons over shorthanded WizardsOct 11, 2008 - 1:33 AM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Rasheed Wallace scored 12 points and Chauncey Billups added 10 in limited action as the Detroit Pistons recorded a 73-62 victory over the Washington Wizards in preseason action on Friday.
Wallace hit 4-of-7 field-goal attempts and added five rebounds for the Pistons, who connected on 18-of-26 free throws.
Richard Hamilton added eight points for Detroit, which held the shorthanded Wizards to 11 points in the third quarter. Washington is without All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas for the first three months after he had a third knee surgery in less than two years this offseason.
Caron Butler and Etan Thomas scored eight points each for the Wizards, who were also without forward Antawn Jamison. Jamison bruised his right knee in Monday's preseason loss to Dallas.
WASHINGTON 62 FINAL
Oct 10 9:23 PM
WASHINGTON 47 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 10 8:51 PM
WASHINGTON 36 HALFTIME
Oct 10 8:11 PM
WASHINGTON 20 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 10 7:39 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25