Second-half burst leads Jazz over limited Trail BlazersOct 13, 2008 - 12:48 AM PORTLAND, Oregon (Ticker) -- Kyle Korver and Mehmet Okur both scored 11 points in the second half as the Utah Jazz rolled to a 93-80 exhibition victory over a shorthanded Portland Trail Blazers squad on Sunday.
Korver made all three of his 3-pointers en route to 14 points and Okur bounced back after a scoreless opening half for Utah, which improved to 2-1 in the preseason.
French rookie Nicolas Batum scored 16 points and Travis Outlaw added 14 for Portland, which dropped to 2-2 in exhibition play.
Trailing 38-35 at the break after shooting just 34 percent (13-of-38) from the field, the Jazz took control of the contest late in the third quarter, using an array of turnovers by the Trail Blazers to put together a 13-1 run.
Overall, Portland went 20-of-35 (57 percent) from the floor in the second half, connecting on all four of their 3-pointers.
Andrei Kirilenko led Utah with 15 points and Carlos Boozer added 12 and eight rebounds.
Playing in his fourth preseason game, Trail Blazers center Greg Oden was held to six points on 1-of-5 shooting and grabbed six rebounds.
Portland did play without both Brandon Roy, Martell Webster and LaMarcus Aldridge.
PORTLAND 80 FINAL
Oct 12 8:21 PM
PORTLAND 59 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 12 7:54 PM
PORTLAND 38 HALFTIME
Oct 12 7:09 PM
PORTLAND 18 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 12 6:36 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11