Magic keep Bobcats winless in preseasonOct 16, 2008 - 5:37 PM By Derek Smith PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Rashard Lewis scored 14 of his 26 points in the third quarter as the Orlando Magic rallied for a 94-84 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday.
Lewis opened the third quarter with three consecutive three-point plays, helping the Magic erase a 51-38 halftime deficit.
Dwight Howard added 15 points and Keith Bogans 14 for the Magic, who converted 15 turnovers by the Bobcats into 23 points.
Orlando did receive some bad news on the injury front. Hedo Turkoglu suffered a right groin strain in the first quarter and Mike Wilks injured his knee in the fourth quarter.
Gerald Wallace scored 18 points and Sean May and Jason Richardson added 11 apiece for Charlotte, which fell to 0-4 under new coach Larry Brown. Wallace left the game in the third quarter with a lower back contusion.
CHARLOTTE 84 FINAL
Oct 16 12:59 PM
CHARLOTTE 67 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 16 12:28 PM
CHARLOTTE 51 HALFTIME
Oct 16 11:44 AM
CHARLOTTE 21 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 16 11:07 AM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30