Jazz lose Williams but beat BullsOct 19, 2008 - 3:35 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Andrei Kirilenko scored 18 points and Carlos Boozer added 17 and 16 rebounds to lead the Utah Jazz to an 88-80 preseason victory over the Chicago Bulls on Saturday.
The win means little compared to what the Jazz lost - point guard Deron Williams suffered a sprained left ankle in the first quarter.
Williams injured his ankle on an awkward fall after being fouled while shooting a 3-pointer. X-Rays were negative, but he did not return to the game.
Paul Millsap added 14 points and Ronnie Brewer finished with 11 and 10 rebounds for the Jazz.
Tyrus Thomas, who fouled out in the fourth quarter, had 15 points and 14 rebounds while No. 1 overall pick Derrick Rose scored 11 points.
Ben Gordon did not play for the Bulls, missing the game with a jammed right toe.
CHICAGO 80 FINAL
Oct 18 11:09 PM
CHICAGO 61 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 18 10:29 PM
CHICAGO 48 HALFTIME
Oct 18 9:45 PM
CHICAGO 25 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 18 9:12 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13