Bryant leads Lakers past BarcelonaOct 19, 2008 - 4:59 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Kobe Bryant had 28 points and six steals as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated FC Barcelona, 108-104, in preseason action Saturday.
Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol each scored 13 points for Los Angeles, which shot 55 percent (41-of-74) from the field and forced 27 turnovers.
The Lakers had a 29-19 lead after the first quarter and never trailed again, although they failed to put away the international club.
After Barcelona closed within four late in the game, Chris Mihm converted a key three-point play with 33 seconds remaining to extend the Lakers' lead to 104-97. The Spanish club never got closer than four the rest of the way.
Former Memphis Grizzlies guard - and Gasol's teammate on the Olympic silver medal-winning Spanish squad - Juan Carlos Navarro led all scorers with 34 points for Barcelona. He made 7-of-13 from the arc.
FC Barcelona has won seven of the last 13 Liga ACB titles.
FC BARCELONA 104
LA LAKERS 108 FINAL
Oct 19 12:52 AM
FC BARCELONA 68
LA LAKERS 83 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 19 12:21 AM
FC BARCELONA 44
LA LAKERS 53 HALFTIME
Oct 18 11:41 PM
FC BARCELONA 19
LA LAKERS 29 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 18 11:12 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5
- Former Lakers coach Byron Scott 'shocked' over firing May 5
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2