Granger, Daniels power Pacers past MavericksOct 24, 2008 - 3:20 AM By Randy Krone PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
DALLAS (Ticker) -- Danny Granger scored 24 points and Marquis Daniels added 22 as the Indiana Pacers defeated the Dallas Mavericks, 114-91, on Thursday in the final preseason game for both teams.
T.J Ford had 19 points and Rasho Nesterovic added 14 for the Pacers, who took the lead for good with 1:12 left in the third quarter on Roy Hibbert's jumper.
Indiana led 29-22 at the end of the first quarter, ending the period with an 11-4 run.
The Mavericks used a 10-3 run in the middle of the second period to cut the lead to three. Led by Josh Howard's 15 first-half points, they led by one point at halftime.
Daniels began the scoring in the second half with a layup, and the Pacers never trailed the rest of the game. Dallas managed to knot the game twice in the third quarter but never could get in front.
Indiana led by five points to start the fourth quarter and held Dallas to eight points in the final 8:40, including without a field goal for 5:56.
Howard led Dallas with 19 points, while Dirk Nowitzki added 16 and 10 rebounds.
DALLAS 91 FINAL
Oct 23 10:48 PM
DALLAS 74 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 23 10:16 PM
DALLAS 56 HALFTIME
Oct 23 9:36 PM
DALLAS 22 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 23 9:07 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5