Curry, Davidson look to stay hotNov 25, 2008 - 3:04 PM Loyola, MD (2-3) at No. 25 Davidson (4-1), 8:00 p.m. EST
DAVIDSON, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Opponents have yet to slow down Stephen Curry this season.
Curry looks to stay red-hot Tuesday as 25th-ranked Davidson hosts Loyola, Maryland in an NIT Season Tip-Off consolation contest.
The junior guard caught the eye of every team in the nation during the NCAA Tournament last season, and no one has figured out how to slow him down thus far.
Curry has netted at least 29 points in all five contests and scored 39 in Davidson's 76-60 triumph over Florida Atlantic on Monday. He shot 13-of-21 from the field, including 5-of-9 from the arc and is averaging 35 points for the campaign.
Andrew Lovedale had 13 points and 15 rebounds and Bryant Barr scored 12 in the Wildcats' victory - although the team only shot 27 percent (13-of-49) outside of Curry.
Loyola, Maryland snapped a two-game losing streak with a 64-54 victory over James Madison on Monday.
Brett Harvey leads the Greyhounds in scoring at 19 points per game.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30