3 players suspended, BC beats Dartmouth 89-58Nov 14, 2009 - 2:39 AM By JIMMY GOLEN AP Sports Writer
BOSTON(AP) -- Tyler Roche moved into the starting lineup after Boston College suspended three players on the day of the opener and scored a career-high 30 points to lead the Eagles to a 89-58 victory over Dartmouth on Friday.
Roche was 10 for 12 from the floor, making 4 of 5 from 3-point range. Reggie Jackson scored 16, Joe Trapani had 11 and Dallas Elmore scored 10 for BC, which was without starting forwards Corey Raji and Rakim Sanders, along with substitute Cortney Dunn.
The three players were suspended for two games for an unspecified violation of team rules. They sat at the end of the Boston College bench, wearing matching T-shirts and warm-up pants, cheering their teammates on.
Jabari Trotter led Dartmouth with 10 points, and Marlon Sanders and David Rufful were the top rebounders with three apiece.
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21
- Irish set sights on Eagles in ACC affair Feb 21
- Miami-Boston College game moved to Monday Feb 15
- North Carolina gets back on track by downing BC Feb 7
- Tar Heels take aim at Eagles in ACC affair Feb 7