Brevard, N.C. 63, N. Carolina A&T 92Nov 14, 2009 - 4:15 AM GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- Lawrence Smith scored 21 points and Tavarus Alston added 20 to lead North Carolina A&T to a 92-63 win over Brevard in the season opener for both teams Friday night.
Robert Johnson had 18 points for the Aggies, while Thomas Coleman and Marc Hill added 11 points each. Coleman also had 14 rebounds.
Simpson made five 3-pointers, while Johnson and Alston each hit four to help North Carolina A&T go 15-for-39 from beyond the arc. The Aggies pulled away early, taking a 46-26 lead at halftime.
Josh Roper led the Tornados with 14 points, while Jonathan Whitson added 13. Sam Carlisle had a game-high 15 rebounds.
North Carolina A&T shot 41 percent from the field (31-for-75) compared to Brevard, which shot 37 percent (23-for-65).
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18
- Morgan State defeats North Carolina A&T 84-57 Mar 10