Furman crushes Lees-McRae 88-49Nov 14, 2009 - 2:39 AM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Jordan Miller scored 23 points to lead Furman to an 88-49 win over Lees-McRae on Friday night in the Paladins' season opener.
Miller shot 6-for-12, including 5-for-9 from three-point range, and grabbed seven rebounds. Justin Dehm added 17 points, shooting 5-for-8 from beyond the arc, for the Paladins. Amu Saaka chipped in with nine points and 10 rebounds.
The Bobcats were paced by Daniel Sepokas, who scored 12 points.
Furman shot 46.7 percent from the field as a team (28-for-60), and made 19 of 22 free throw attempts (86.4 percent). They outscored the Bobcats 44-25 in the first half, and 44-24 in the second.
Lees-McRae was held to 31 percent shooting (18-for-58) and 53.3 percent of their free throws (8-for-15).
Furman outrebounded Lees-McRae 41-27.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Clanton, No. 19 UCF handle Furman Dec 30
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5
- College of Charleston defeats Furman 69-66 Feb 27
- Furman defeats poor-shooting Citadel 59-44 Feb 25
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 86-80 Feb 20
- Davidson defeats Furman 61-58 Feb 20
- Powers leads Georgia Southern past Furman 79-77 Feb 17