Florida Atlantic beats Florida Tech 86-63Nov 14, 2009 - 3:47 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Raymond Taylor had 17 points and 10 assists as Florida Atlantic beat Florida Tech 86-63 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Three other players scored in double figures for the Owls, who lost the final six games of the 2008-09 season. Shavar Richardson added 14 points, Sanchez Hughley had 13 and Brett Royster added 10 for the Owls. Royster also had four of Florida Atlantic's seven blocks.
The Owls built a 51-25 lead at halftime and were never threatened in the second half.
The Owls dominated both ends of the floor, scoring 18 points off turnovers and 22 second-chance points.
Justin Sedlak had a double-double for the Division II Panthers, with 28 points and 10 rebounds. He made 11 of 14 field goal attempts.
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14
- 17th-ranked Bulldogs battle Owls in Starkville Dec 13
- Robinson helps No. 15 Kansas cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 1
- Owls fly into Lawrence seeking upset of 15th-ranked Jayhawks Nov 30
- Gators chomp down on Owls Nov 23