North Greenville 79, Kennesaw State 89Nov 14, 2009 - 4:07 AM KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) -- Markeith Cummings and Kurtis Woods each scored 19 points as Kennesaw State rallied to beat North Greenville 89-79 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
The win broke a seven-game losing streak for the Owls, who were 7-22 last season. The Owls trailed 44-39 at halftime.
Turnovers proved to be the difference as the Owls converted 20 Crusader miscues into 29 points. The Owls handled the ball well, committing only 10 turnovers for the game.
John-Michael Nickerson added 14 points for the Owls.
The Crusaders' Paul Harrison led all scorers with 31 points. Luke Lattimer added 16 points and Kyler Vitko had 14 points for the Crusaders.
Both teams shot well from the field with Kennesaw making 52 percent (36-for-69) and North Greenville connecting on 56.9 percent (33-for-58) from the field.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2
- No. 22 Notre Dame handles Kennesaw State Dec 19
- Kennesaw State seeks upset of No. 22 Notre Dame Dec 19