Georgia Southern routs Reinhardt 108-59Nov 14, 2009 - 4:48 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Johntavious Rucker scored 16 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had a school-record eight steals as Georgia Southern routed Reinhardt 108-59 on Friday night.
New coach Charlton "C.Y." Young made his debut with the Eagles (1-0) after serving the last four years as an assistant at Georgia Tech. Young started 97 straight games at point guard for Georgia Southern from 1989-93.
Freshman Camero Baskerville had 12 rebounds to lead Georgia Southern, which outrebounded Reinhardt, an NAIA school, 46-28.
Rory Spencer added 16 points for Georgia Southern, while Willie Powers chipped in 15, Antoine Johnson had 14 and Ben Drayton 12.
Georgia Southern shot 57.5 percent from the field in the first half (23-for-40), compared to 33.3 percent (10-for-30) by Reinhardt, to lead 58-25 at halftime.
Quinton Spivey was the only Reinhardt player in double figures, scoring 16 points.
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- Chattanooga tops Georgia Southern 82-62 Mar 5
- UNC-Greenboro holds off Georgia Southern 81-79 Mar 1
- Hanson's 39 leads Georgia Southern past Elon 98-88 Feb 25
- Georgia Southern defeats Samford 83-77 Feb 22
- Wofford defeated Georgia Southern 82-76 in OT Feb 20
- Powers leads Georgia Southern past Furman 79-77 Feb 17
- Appalachian State beats Georgia Southern 111-83 Feb 13
- Davidson defeats Georgia Southern 84-74 Feb 6