Texas A&M cruises past Angelo State 88-69Nov 14, 2009 - 4:24 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas(AP) -- Forward David Loubeau scored a career-high 20 points as Texas A&M defeated Angelo State 88-69 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
The Aggies used a 15-7 run over the last 4:37 of the first half to build a 17-point halftime lead at 48-31.
The Aggies shot 50 percent in the first half, going 16 of 32, and 51.5 percent in the second, hitting 17 of 33. A&M held the Rams to 37.9 percent from the field.
Loubeau also tallied a team-high nine rebounds. The Aggies won going away despite shooting only 4 of 16 from the 3-point line, and 18 of 30 from the free-throw line. LaMarshall Corbett paced the Rams with a game-high 22 points.
The Aggies and Rams hadn't played since the 1983-84 season. A&M now leads the all-time series 6-0.
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- Texas A&M athletic director Hyman steps down after 4 years Jan 5
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- No. 18 Texas A&M loses 67-54 to Arizona State Dec 6