Chicago State defeats Concordia, Ill. 81-61Nov 14, 2009 - 5:33 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Carl Montgomery had 22 points and 17 rebounds and Christian Wall scored 18 points as Chicago State pulled away in the second half to defeat Concordia, Ill., 81-61 in a season opener Friday night.
Chicago State led only 33-30 at intermission but dominated the second half against the Division III school from west suburban River Forest.
Hajji Martin scored 10 points off the bench for host Chicago State.
- NCAA BB
CONCORDIA CHI 61
CHICAGO ST 81 FINAL
Nov 13 11:14 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11
- 22nd-ranked Aztecs entertain winless Cougars Jan 10
- Fredette, BYU rout Chicago State Nov 21
- Preadom, Houston Baptist top Chicago State 80-77 Mar 10
- Wall, Montgomery lift Chicago St. past NJIT 81-75 Mar 6
- Northwestern shuts down Chicago State 72-49 Mar 3
- Cain, South Dakota turn back Chicago State 77-73 Feb 27