Northwestern State routs East Texas Baptist 77-54Nov 14, 2009 - 6:48 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Senior guard Damon Jones scored 16 points and junior guard Devon Baker added 15 off the bench Friday night, and Northwestern State cruised past East Texas Baptist 77-54.
It was the season opener for the Demons, who got scoring from 12 players, none of whom played more than 20 minutes. Josh Chambers led the Tigers with 15 points and a game-high 12 rebounds, while Jacob Turnipseed added 12 points.
Northwestern led 43-28 at halftime. East Texas Baptist, a Division III program, closed within 11 twice in the first 9 minutes of the second half, but the Demons mounted a 16-2 run to take command.
The Demons shot 42 percent from the field and 33 percent on 3-pointers, and outrebounded East Texas Baptist 54-46.
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 18 Mississippi State bedevils Northwestern State Dec 22
- Demons and Bulldogs duke it out in Jackson Dec 22