Troy routs Piedmont 106-50Nov 14, 2009 - 10:33 PM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Michael Vogler scored 20 points and four others scored in double figures, and Troy beat Piedmont 106-50 on Saturday in the season opener for both teams.
Brandon Hazzard added 19 points, Vernon Taylor had 15 points, Richard Delk scored 13 and Antywan Jones had 12 for the Trojans.
The Trojans shot 55.6 percent from the field (45-for-81), led by Vogler who went 8-for-10. The Trojans dominated close to the basket with 58 points in the paint off turnovers and second-chance baskets.
The Lions were led by J.C. Herebia with 17 points. The Lions suffered from poor shooting, making only 28.4 percent from the field (19-for-67).
The Trojans led 51-29 at halftime and built the lead to more than 50 points in the final five minutes of the game.
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Troy comes back to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 76-73 Feb 25
- Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86 Feb 20
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 86-80 Feb 20