N.C.-Pembroke 72, High Point 104Nov 15, 2009 - 1:32 AM HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) -- Nick Barbour scored 38 points to lead High Point to a 104-72 win over UNC-Pembroke in the Panthers' season opener on Saturday.
Barbour shot 13-for-16 from the field, including 10-for-11 from 3-point range for the Panthers. Eugene Harris added 13 points, and Corey Law chipped in with 11.
Shahmel Brackett scored 17 points to lead the Braves. Ty Alston added 13.
High Point took a 20-4 lead to open the game after Barbour's dunk with 12:36 remaining in the first half. They would lead 55-23 at halftime.
A separate 15-2 run in the second half, capped by a 3-pointer by Barbour, gave High Point a 70-30 lead with 15:59 left in the game.
The Panthers shot 58 percent from the field (38-for-65), including 52 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (12-for-23). They also totaled 15 steals and forced 28 turnovers.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2
- UNC-Asheville beats High Point 84-73 in Big South Mar 2
- Law paces High Point past Presbyterian 67-48 Feb 27
- High Point defeats Winthrop 71-66 Feb 25
- Liberty defeats High Point 76-67 Feb 20
- VMI outlasts High Point 91-84 Feb 16
- High Point defeats Charleston Southern 73-68 Feb 13
- High Point defeats Coastal Carolina 69-65 Feb 11