Cal State-Los Angeles 57, UC Santa Barbara 85Nov 15, 2009 - 3:04 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) -- Orlando Johnson was a perfect 8-for-8 shooting, scoring 19 points, as UC Santa Barbara beat Cal State-Los Angeles 85-57 Saturday night. Johnson was 7-for-7 from the field and 1-for-1 from 3-point range. The only shots he missed on the night were from the free through line (4-for8).
Johnson wasn't the only hot shooter for the Broncos as James Powell and Sam Phippen each put up 14 points. The Bronco's shot 53.7 percent from the field.
Cal St- Los Angeles was led by guard Dwayne Jones' 15 point performance. Nuno Furtado grabbed 11 of the 33 rebounds for Cal-St-Los Angeles.
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11
- Gauchos greet 49ers in Big West title game Mar 10
- Rebels down UCSB in double overtime Dec 1
- No. 18 UNLV pays visit to UC Santa Barbara Nov 30
- Florida has little trouble dumping UC Santa Barbara Mar 18
- UC Santa Barbara upends Long Beach St. for Big West title Mar 13