Porter, Oregon defeat Colorado State 68-55Nov 16, 2009 - 2:38 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Tajuan Porter scored a game-high 23 points and Oregon held off Colorado State 68-55 Sunday to win the BTI Tip-Off Tournament.
Oregon (3-0) scored seven straight points, five on free throws, to pull ahead 29-16 with 4:24 left in the first half and led the Rams 36-27 at halftime.
Colorado State (2-1) forward Andy Ogide scored all of his team-high 15 points in the first half on 7-of-9 shooting. He missed all four of his shots in the second half and was saddled with foul trouble.
Oregon shot 41 percent from 3-point range in the first half.
Porter made a 3 from the top of the arc to give the Ducks a 49-31 lead, their biggest of the night, midway through the second half. He finished 5 of 10 from 3-point range a night after breaking the school record for career 3-pointers made.
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30