Delaware State defeats Wilmington 60-44Nov 17, 2009 - 3:44 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Marcus Neal scored a career-high 19 points to lead three Delaware State players in double figures as the Hornets defeated Wilmington (Del.) 60-44 on Monday night.
Frisco Sandidge scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Hornets (2-0), and Alibaba Odd added 11 points. Jay Threatt added nine points, tallied nine steals and dished out four assists.
Delaware State shot 32.8 percent from the floor (15-for-58) and 28.6 percent from 3-point range (4-for-14). The Hornets scored 23 points off 26 turnovers.
Wilmington (0-1), a Division II school, was led by Brandon Savage, who scored 15 points on 6-of-12 shooting. He also had a team-high eight rebounds.
Wilmington shot 41.9 percent from the field (18-of-43).
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Pitt stays unbeaten with rout of Delaware State Dec 8
- SC State defeats Delaware State 70-66 in OT Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 57-37 Mar 4