Troy defeats William Carey 104-88Nov 17, 2009 - 4:46 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard scored 29 points and had 10 rebounds and Yamene Coleman added a career-high 20 points to lead Troy to a 104-88 victory over William Carey on Monday night.
The Trojans (2-0), who defeated Piedmont 106-50 in the season opener, posted their first back-to-back 100-point games since the 1993-94 season when they defeated Chicago State 124-110 and Selma 111-85.
Hazard was 9-for-19 from the field and 8-for-9 from the free throw line. Coleman, who transferred from the University of Alabama, made 10 of 12 field goals.
The Crusaders (2-1) scored the first basket of the game and never led again. Troy took a 54-35 lead into halftime.
William Carey, an NAIA school, pulled within 66-57 with 13:22 left on a 3-pointer by Daniel Huggins, but Troy promptly regained a double-digit lead.
Brandon Cooks and Drew Meyerchick led the Crusaders with 23 points apiece.
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Troy comes back to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 76-73 Feb 25
- Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86 Feb 20
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 86-80 Feb 20