Oral Roberts starts fast in 86-50 victoryNov 17, 2009 - 3:00 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Warren Niles scored 16 points off the bench in his regular-season home debut to help lead Oral Roberts past Northwestern Oklahoma State 86-50 on Monday night.
Niles, a 6-foot-4 freshman guard, made 6-of-11 shots from the field, including 3-of-6 on 3-pointers.
Kevin Ford added 13 points and 14 rebounds for the Golden Eagles (1-1), who led 41-18 at halftime as they improved to 8-3 in home openers under coach Scott Sutton.
Ford scored the game's opening basket on a dunk off Kyron Stokes' alley-oop pass. Oral Roberts jumped out to a 10-0 lead and was never caught. Ford and Michael Craion scored six points each in the first eight minutes as the Golden Eagles built their lead to 22-6.
Brandon Dixon had 11 points to pace the Rangers, members of the NAIA.
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23
- No. 4 Arizona routs Oral Roberts Dec 19
- Depleted Musketeers suffer their first loss Dec 18