Louisiana-Lafayette beats Louisiana College 90-68Nov 17, 2009 - 4:41 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Randell Daigle scored 19 points to lead six Louisiana-Lafayette players in double figures as the Ragin' Cajuns pounded Louisiana College 90-68 on Monday night.
Tyren Johnson scored 18 and Chris Gradnigo added 11 for the Ragin' Cajuns (1-1). Travis Bureau, Ryan McCoy and Courtney Wallace had 10 points apiece.
Daigle shot 7-for-11 from the field in the game, including 5-for-7 from beyond the arc.
The Cajuns led the Division III Wildcats (0-1) by just three points at halftime, but Louisiana-Lafayette outscored them 48-29 in the second half to seal the win.
Louisiana-Lafayette went on an 18-6 run to open the second half, as McCoy scored eight of his 10 points during the spree.
The Wildcats, who were led by Jarrod Jackson's 21 points, shot 46 percent (11-for-24) from the field in the first half. They began the second half shooting 1-for-10.
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25
- Lousiana-Lafayette hires Marlin as new coach Mar 29
- Lee let go as Louisiana-Lafayette hoops coach Mar 9