Santa Clara easily defeats NAIA Menlo 79-55Nov 17, 2009 - 5:44 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Marc Trasolini scored 23 points as Santa Clara defeated Menlo 79-55 on Monday night.
The Division I Broncos (2-0) easily handled the NAIA Oaks (0-1). Santa Clara started the game with a 15-3 run and had 14-1 run to begin the second half.
Kevin Foster had 19 points and Robert Smith added 13 as the Broncos dominated the Oaks in all aspects of the game.
Menlo's Julian Harris led all scorers with 25 points but didn't get much help as the Oaks shot only 28.6 percent (18 of 63).
Troy Payne had 15 rebounds and Trasolini added a career-high 12 rebounds for the Broncos.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24
- No. 24 Gonzaga tops Santa Clara to open WCC play Dec 28
- Gonzaga opens WCC slate against visiting Santa Clara Dec 28
- Santa Clara extends head coach Keating Oct 18