Montana State defeats Colorado Christian 68-58Nov 18, 2009 - 4:22 AM BOZEMAN, Mont.(AP) -- Erik Rush scored a career-high 25 points to lead Montana State to a 68-58 win over Colorado Christian Tuesday night.
Rush, a junior guard, scored 16 of his points in the second half as the Bobcats (1-1) fought off the Division II Cougars (0-1). MSU played without both starting guards, Marquis Navarre and Will Bynum, who were suspended by the NCAA for the team's first two games for competing in an unsanctioned summer tournament.
Justin Neuhaus led Colorado Christian with 17 points. Jobi Wall added 13.
Bobby Howard made four of eight 3-point attempts to tally 19 points for MSU. Branden Johnson added 11 points and a game-high eight rebounds.
The Bobcats led 35-32 at halftime and slowly pulled away, taking a 13-point lead on a Rush breakaway dunk late in the second half.
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Montana St. 73, Montana 67 Feb 28
- San Jose St. 77, Montana St. 66 Feb 20
- Sacramento St. 74, Montana St. 80 Feb 18
- Montana St. 79, Portland St. 71 Feb 14
- Montana St. 69, E. Washington 74 Feb 13
- Weber St. 75, Montana St. 71 Feb 7
- Idaho St. 60, Montana St. 63 Feb 5
- Montana St. 68, N. Colorado 74 Jan 31
- Montana St. 58, N. Arizona 71 Jan 28