Bowers leads Missouri over UT-Martin, 83-68Nov 18, 2009 - 3:31 AM COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Laurence Bowers tied his career high with 16 points off the bench and Keith Ramsey added 15 as Missouri rolled to an 83-68 victory over Tennessee-Martin on Tuesday night.
Missouri (1-0) dominated an undermanned Tennessee-Martin (0-2) squad that dressed just eight players. The Tigers never relinquished the 10-9 lead they took less than five minutes into the game.
The Tigers had three players in double figures and displayed aggressive defense, forcing 23 Skyhawk turnovers, including 14 steals.
The defense offset a rough shooting night for Missouri, which shot 44 percent from the floor and just 4 of 21 from outside the 3-point arc.
Skyhawk junior Benzor Simmons led all scorers with 30 points on 10-of-15 shooting.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE-MARTIN 33 35 68
MISSOURI 50 33 83 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: TENNESSEE-MARTIN - BENZOR SIMMONS 30, DELRICO LANE 9, FOUR
PLAYERS WITH 6
MISSOURI - LAURENCE BOWERS 16, KEITH RAMSEY 15,
MARCUS DENMON 10
Nov 17 10:04 PM
- NCAA BB
UT MARTIN 33
MISSOURI 50 HALFTIME
Nov 17 8:55 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30