Loyola, La. 62, Southern Miss. 73Nov 18, 2009 - 4:11 AM HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) -- Maurice Bolden scored 29 points as Southern Mississippi defeated Loyola of New Orleans 71-62 Tuesday night.
Bolden scored 23 in the first half to help give the Golden Eagles a 42-25 lead at the break. He was 16 of 17 from the free-throw line.
USM fell behind early, but regained the lead at the 15:09 mark in the first half and never trailed again.
Josimar Ayarza had 15 points and 15 rebounds for the Golden Eagles, and Gary Flowers chipped in 10 points.
Southern Miss (2-0) hosted the first of four NAIA teams on its schedule.
Ryan Brock was the only Loyola player in double figures with 24 points.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA NO 62
SOUTHERN MISS 73 FINAL
Nov 17 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOYOLA (LA) 35 35
SOUTHERN MISS 42 42 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
LOYOLA (LA) - RYAN BROCK 13, TORRY BEAULIEU 6,
SEAN BENNETT 6
SOUTHERN MISS - MAURICE BOLDEN 23, JOSIMAR AYARZA 6,
R.L. HORTON 5
Nov 17 8:57 PM
- Former So. Miss coach Tyndall hit with 10-year show cause Apr 8
- Southern Miss self-imposes postseason ban Jan 20
- NCAA reviewing Southern Miss men's hoops Nov 6
- Southern Miss names Sadler men's hoops coach May 1
- No. 9 Louisville stifles Southern Miss en route to win Nov 29
- Cardinals set sights on red-hot Golden Eagles Nov 29
- Memphis outlasts Southern Miss for 3rd straight C-USA crown Mar 16
- C-USA crown on line in clash between Southern Miss and Memphis Mar 16
- No. 21 Memphis rolls past Southern Miss Feb 23
- Tigers put C-USA perfection on the line against Golden Eagles Feb 23
- Johnson, No. 8 Arizona down Southern Miss Dec 5
- Wildcats set to ground Golden Eagles Dec 4