Mushatt's 20 help UMKC top Lincoln, Mo. 78-52Nov 18, 2009 - 3:34 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Sophomore LaTreze Mushatt scored a career-high 20 points and pulled down a game-high nine rebounds Tuesday night in leading Missouri-Kansas City to a 78-52 victory over Lincoln, Mo.
The game was the season opener for NCAA Division II Lincoln.
UMKC (2-0) led just 29-24 at halftime, but exploded with 49 points in the second half while holding the Blue Tigers to just 23.
In addition to Mushatt, Trey McKinney-Jones had a career-high 16 points. Spencer Johnson also had 16 and Jay Couisnard added 11 with seven rebounds.
Darrius Gaters and Ryan Spearman paced Lincoln with 15 points each. Gaters led the Blue Tigers in rebounding with six.
Mushatt was nine-for-12 from the floor while McKinney-Jones made eight-for-10 from the free-throw line.
The Kangaroos forced 26 turnovers.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8