NC Central beats NC Wesleyan 85-70Nov 19, 2009 - 4:46 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- T.J. Granger scored 25 points to lead five North Carolina Central players in double figures as the Eagles beat North Carolina-Wesleyan 85-70 on Wednesday night for their first win of the season.
Vincent Davis scored 17 points, C.J. Wilkerson had 15, Nick Chasten 13 and Michael Glasker 12 for the Eagles (1-2). Granger, who also led the Eagles with eight rebounds, shot 8-for-14 from the field and 9-for-12 from the foul line. He also had two blocks.
With the game tied at 47 at the half, the Eagles opened the second half on a 16-5 run and cruised from there. Granger sparked the run with seven points.
The Eagles scored 45 points off of 29 North Carolina-Wesleyan turnovers, and had 22 second-chance points.
Trey Drake paced North Carolina-Wesleyan (0-2) with 17 points, and Jarmel Arrington had 16.
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22
- No. 23 Indiana rolls over NC Central Feb 23
- Indiana steps out of conference to entertain NC Central Feb 22