Morrison leads Oral Roberts past Stanford 83-81Nov 19, 2009 - 5:22 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Roderick Pearson hit a running jumper as time expired to give Oral Roberts an 83-81 victory over Stanford in the first round of the Cancun Classic on Wednesday night.
Dominique Morrison scored seven of his career-high 31 points in the final 1:30 for the Golden Eagles (2-1), who won their second straight. Michael Craion added 13 points, including two key free throws in the final minute. Damen Bell-Holter added 12 points.
Landry Fields scored a career-high 28 points to lead Stanford (1-2). Jeremy Green added 20 points and Jarrett Mann had 11.
Craion hit a jumper with just under 13 minutes remaining to give the Golden Eagles a 57-49 advantage.
The game was tied at halftime, 35-35.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 83
STANFORD 81 FINAL
Nov 19 12:03 AM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 35
STANFORD 35 HALFTIME
Nov 18 10:47 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Stanford G Robert Cartwright to miss season Nov 4
- Cartwright out indefinitely Nov 3