Kusnyer, Emerson score 14; Mercer rips Fisk 110-45Nov 19, 2009 - 3:35 AM MACON, GA.(AP) -- E.J. Kusnyer and Daniel Emerson scored 14 points each and Mercer broke the University Center scoring record Wednesday night while hammering an outmatched Fisk squad 110-45.
James Florence, the Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Week, and Ridas Pulkauninkas added 13 points apiece for the Bears (2-1), who broke the mark they set in a 105-101 win over Troy in 2005.
The 55-point victory, also a University Center record, was the largest since Mercer beat Savannah State by 32 in 2005. The Bears also equaled the most rebounds in University Center history with 58.
Mercer quickly took control against the Division III Bulldogs (0-6) with a 16-2 run in the first five minutes. The Bears dominated in the paint, where they held a 62-20 scoring advantage, and outrebounded Fisk by 35. Mercer turned 18 Bulldogs turnovers into 30 points and saw its bench contribute 52 points.
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears clash for A-Sun title Mar 9
- No. 25 New Mexico stomps Mercer Nov 29
- No. 25 Lobos set sights on Bears Nov 28
- Hall guides Mercer to CIT Final victory Mar 29
- Mercer battles Utah State for CIT title Mar 28