Hartford sinks Marist 75-38Nov 19, 2009 - 3:47 AM WEST HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski scored 22 points, leading Hartford to its first win of the season in a 75-38 win over Marist on Wednesday night.
Joel Barkers scored 15 points and Milton Burton added 12 for the Hawks (1-2).
Zeglinski was 6-for-8 from beyond the arc and 8-for-11 from the field. Morgan Sabia added eight rebounds and three blocks.
The Hawks jumped out to a 20-point lead at halftime, and outscored the Red Foxes (0-2) 34-17 in the second half to seal the win.
Hartford shot 51.9 percent from the field (28-for-54) in the game, while the Red Foxes had just a 24.1 percent mark (13-for-54). The Hawks were 12-for-25 from 3-point range as a team compared to a 7-for-27 mark for the Red Foxes.
Candon Rusin was the lone Marist player in double figures, scoring 12 points.
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6
- Hartford edges Albany 85-79 in OT Feb 28