PUST 73, Wyoming 120Nov 19, 2009 - 4:51 AM LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) -- Afam Muojeke scored 26 points to lead Wyoming past Peru State 120-73 Wednesday night.
The Cowboys (1-1) struggled at times early in the game before taking a 14-point halftime lead. Wyoming then used a 17-3 run in the opening minutes of the second half to pad its lead and run away with the win.
Marshall Kelly led Peru State (2-6) with 16 points and Jovan Hitch added 15 for the NAIA team.
Thomas Manzano had 19 points for the Cowboys. Djibril Thiam had 18, Ryan Dermody had 12 and Daylen Harrison added 10.
After struggling defensively early on, the Cowboys' full-court press forced 34 turnovers that led to 45 points.
The Cowboys shot 61 percent (43 of 71) to just 38 percent for Peru State (23 of 60).
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15
- Aztecs challenge Cowboys in Mountain West showdown Jan 14
- Wyoming ends SDSU's 20-game win streak Feb 12