UC Davis routs UC Santa Cruz 88-59Nov 19, 2009 - 6:37 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Mark Payne had 18 points, five assists, and a career-high eight steals to help UC Davis rout UC Santa Cruz 88-59 Wednesday night.
Joe Harden and Dominic Calegari scored 16 points each, and Julian Welch came off the bench to add 15 points for the Aggies (2-2).
The Aggies head coach Gary Stewart stayed home with severe flu-like symptoms.
Ryan Matsuoka, Eric Norton, and Alex Abarca all scored 10 points for the Banana Slugs (0-1).
The Aggies scored 22 points in the paint and made 13 second chance baskets to lead 38-29 at halftime.
Adam Malik's three pointer with 4:36 left in the second half gave the Aggies a 32-point margin.
After making just 1 of 6 shots in the first half, Payne hit 6 of 6 field goals and 2 of 2 3-pointers in the second period.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12
- UC Davis beats Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in OT Mar 7
- Cal State Northridge holds off UC Davis 70-66 Mar 5
- UC Davis runs away from UC Riverside 66-43 Feb 28
- Long Beach State pulls past UC Davis 68-65 Feb 26
- Calegari leads UC Davis to 82-74 victory Feb 20
- Jones, Garcia lead Seattle past UC Davis 81-56 Feb 17
- UC Irvine takes down UC Davis 69-67 Feb 14
- UC Davis defeats Pacific, 62-59 Feb 11
- UC Santa Barbara defeats UC Davis 81-77 Feb 7