Grambling State defeats Paul Quinn 75-61Nov 20, 2009 - 4:23 AM GRAMBLING, La.(AP) -- Ariece Perkis had 17 points and seven steals to lead Grambling State to a 75-61 victory over Paul Quinn College on Thursday night.
The first half was tied three times before Grambling (1-1) pulled ahead 24-23 on a Donald Qualls free throw with 4:03 left. Grambling then outscored Paul Quinn 9-1 the rest of the half.
Paul Quinn (2-4) was hampered by 27 turnovers, 15 in the first half.
The NAIA school pulled within 52-47 with 10:55 left, but Grambling countered with an 8-0 run. When Paul Quinn threatened again, trailing by seven with 4:41 left, Lance Fuertado hit two straight jumpers for Grambling and finished with 15 points.
Perkis, who had 11 first-half points, scored the final three points of the game on a dunk and a free throw.
Jason Kavros scored 15 points to lead Paul Quinn. Nigel Grisham had nine rebounds as Paul Quinn outrebounded Grambling 40-34.
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Marquette beats Grambling State 114-71 Nov 13
- No. 17 Marquette entertains Grambling State Nov 12
- Price is right at Grambling May 8
- Bears wipe floor with Paul Quinn Dec 19
- Baylor plays host to NAIA foe Paul Quinn Dec 19
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13
- Baylor blows out Grambling State Nov 13
- Alabama A&M defeats Grambling State 81-60 Mar 6
- Alabama State defeats Grambling State 81-76 Mar 4